Forum really slow to load pages and posting responses.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
For the last few months I have had to wait a long time for pages to load. It can take 5 minutes for the general forum page to load up.

And when I try to post a response, sometimes it does it straight away like it should. But other times it tries to do it and 5 minutes later it gives up and the response has not been posted.

This is happening at all hours of the day and night. It happens when I am using my phone for the internet, or using free wifi from the local stores.

I have tried it on 2 different web browsers (MS Edge, latest update was a couple of months ago), and Mozilla Firefox. The problem occurs on both web browsers.

I don't know what the issue is but it is becoming very annoying.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is, Colin. The forum loads fast for me except for 11.10 am GMT (or 10.10 am BST in northern hemisphere summer) which is when the servers back up and it only lasts a couple of minutes.

Is it just the forum or are other sites the same?

I have noticed the same thing here and blamed it on my aging iPad, however I have no problems elsewhere. Twitter etc pop right up

Seriously Fish is the site that takes ages to load for me. Then the search takes ages, then loading a profile takes ages. By the time I finally get there I've forgotten why I looked up the fish :rolleyes:

A few months ago SF loaded fast. Then I started getting a page which said it was checking my IP address but once it loaded the pages loaded fast. Now it just takes ages to load everything.

A few months ago SF loaded fast. Then I started getting a page which said it was checking my IP address but once it loaded the pages loaded fast. Now it just takes ages to load everything.
its always been slow for me. I just started using is about 3 weeks ago

I use firefox and have no problems loading anything
maybe you can try to delete the cookies and site data for the forum

on my PC with firefox if you click the lock icon near the URL you can choose to delete cookies
I don't know if it's the same for mobile
1638989901947.png

I have cleared history and cookies a few times, it doesn't make any difference

@Colin_T The same thing has been happening to me. I can see the forum and see the replies but when I go to reply it takes a long time, sometimes 2-3 minutes to load. Eventually it does come up, but again, not for awhile

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back