Forrest scape.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Wow thatā€™s stunning! Love the positioning of the lights and the shadows it makes at the front.

Fish look great too love the rose like sharks. How does your ram fare in there?

Wow thatā€™s stunning! Love the positioning of the lights and the shadows it makes at the front.

Fish look great too love the rose like sharks. How does your ram fare in there?.The scape actually turned out differently than I imagined,but I like it cause the denison barbs weave left and right,around the trees.

Fish look great too love the rose like sharks. How does your ram fare in there?
The rams have been ok wills,but not sure what you mean by how do they fare.Do you mean temperament towards other fish or other fish temperament towards them?What are the rose like sharks,do you mean the denison barbs?
The fish stock is
Ruby barbs. 5
Tiger barbs. 5
Denison barbs. 17
Gold barbs. 6
Five banded barbs. 10
Green barbs. 5
Odessa barbs. 4
Melon barbs. 6
=58

Albino corys. 3
Bronze corys. 2
Panda corys. 2
Concolor corys. 2
Cory c134s. 2
Black fin corys. 2
Cory viriginae. 2
Cory gomezi. 2
Cory cw 107s. 2
Cory sodalis. 2
Cory schultze. 4
Cory sterbai. 2
Cory weitzmani. 2

Yoyo loaches. 3
= 32

Snowball plec
Three beacon plec
Sultan plec

Black and blue panaque

= 94

Last edited:
The rams have been ok wills,but not sure what you mean by how do they fare.Do you mean temperament towards other fish or other fish temperament towards them?What are the rose like sharks,do you mean the denison barbs?
The fish stock is
Ruby barbs
Tiger barbs
Denison barbs
Gold barbs
Five banded barbs
Green barbs
Odessa barbs
Melon barbs
Alotof barbs šŸ˜‚

Albino corys
Bronze corys
Panda corys
Concolor corys
Cory c134s
Black fin corys
Cory viriginae
Cory gomezi
Cory cw 107s
Cory sodalis
Cory schultze

Yoyo loaches

Snowball plec
Three beacon plec
Sultan plec

Black and blue panaque
how does one keep this many fish... I mean each fish is either schooling or shoaling so multiply that by maybe 7 and dang thats a lot of fish

The fish stock is
Ruby barbs
Tiger barbs
Denison barbs
Gold barbs
Five banded barbs
Green barbs
Odessa barbs
Melon barbs
Alotof barbs šŸ˜‚

Albino corys
Bronze corys
Panda corys
Concolor corys
Cory c134s
Black fin corys
Cory viriginae
Cory gomezi
Cory cw 107s
Cory sodalis
Cory schultze

Yoyo loaches

Snowball plec
Three beacon plec
Sultan plec

Black and blue panaque

Blue Rams can be hard to keep especially in community tanks. They usually pretty strictly need high temperatures, low ph/soft water and super super clean water. From the rest of your fish I'd guess you have soft/neutral water but your barbs are going to be typically better at mid/low tropical temperatures and the Ram would be a bit chilly in those. Temperature for fish is a bit under discussed sometimes because it really effects their respiration which can shorten their lifespan from 5+ to 1.5-3 years - which is a lot when when you think about it. But Blue Rams must be the number one fish on this forum that people ask why they died suddenly after a few weeks/months and its usually in a mixed tank so when I saw the pic it made me wonder how it was going.

Equally though I would always want to see fish kept by people who look after their tanks like you :) So yeah if your writing out a stock list from scratch those kind of considerations are great but even if its not text book correct I'd rather see someone whos planned out their tank like you have, than tell you to rehome everything for them to end up in someones first tank etc.

Wills

how does one keep this many fish... I mean each fish is either schooling or shoaling so multiply that by maybe 7 and dang
Blue Rams can be hard to keep especially in community tanks. They usually pretty strictly need high temperatures, low ph/soft water and super super clean water. From the rest of your fish I'd guess you have soft/neutral water but your barbs are going to be typically better at mid/low tropical temperatures and the Ram would be a bit chilly in those. Temperature for fish is a bit under discussed sometimes because it really effects their respiration which can shorten their lifespan from 5+ to 1.5-3 years - which is a lot when when you think about it. But Blue Rams must be the number one fish on this forum that people ask why they died suddenly after a few weeks/months and its usually in a mixed tank so when I saw the pic it made me wonder how it was going.

Equally though I would always want to see fish kept by people who look after their tanks like you :) So yeah if your writing out a stock list from scratch those kind of considerations are great but even if its not text book correct I'd rather see someone whos planned out their tank like you have, than tell you to rehome everything for them to end up in someones first tank etc.

Wills

Wills

You are so correct wills,itā€™s a balancing act between keeping the tank ok for the corys ,the rams and the barbs.
To be honest I doubt itā€™s possible,but I try my best to keep it as near as it possibly could be.So far the rams have survived for 9 months without any problems,but only time will tell.
Yes I also have neutral/soft water.

how does one keep this many fish... I mean each fish is either schooling or shoaling so multiply that by maybe 7 and dang thats a lot of fish
I chose the hobby and therefore chose the work involved,which probably isnā€™t any more labouring than the average aquarium Rocky998.
Thereā€™s plenty of swimming room for each species,as not all species will be active at the same time,for example the plecostomus are 100% nocturnal and I hardly would know they are there.
The only true schooling fish are the denison/torpedo barbs,and they are mid water swimmers.The five stripe/pentazona barbs (ten of) are very shy fish that hide at the back,but they will come together at night when things quieten down and swim along the front of the aquarium near the bottom,I would class them as semi schooling.The other barbs are shoaling fish that use the whole tank when actively swimming around.
The corys are in pairs,apart from the schultze and albinos.There are 94 fish in all,but looking in the tank would suggest far less during the day.Only feeding time can most of the fish be seen active,apart from the plecostomus.
I do a 70% water change every three days and clean the pre-filter foam at the same time.Thereā€™s only 1 inch of sand too,so it never holds much detritus as the corys and loaches keep turning it over,and the strong flow off the power head helps push the debris to the filter outlet.
Basically itā€™s all about setting the aquarium up in the most efficient way for cleaning,and more importantly for the fish.
The solution to pollution is dilution is a great phrase.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back