For The.. Grr! Kitten Is Bringing In Shrews!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

soo now she brings me them still alive.. rabbits, squirrels,chipmunk/grinny,moles,mice,birds....and she releases them in the basement and watched them until i came ant took them to the woods... but at least they survived! :rolleyes: lol

lol. i'm not sure which is worst...dead mice or alive running around the house! and what kind of cat do you have bring in live rabbits? it must take some stamina. hehe

soo now she brings me them still alive.. rabbits, squirrels,chipmunk/grinny,moles,mice,birds....and she releases them in the basement and watched them until i came ant took them to the woods... but at least they survived! :rolleyes: lol

lol. i'm not sure which is worst...dead mice or alive running around the house! and what kind of cat do you have bring in live rabbits? it must take some stamina. hehe

it was a normal cat (lost her to leuchemia few weeks a go :-( )

she was a stray we took in.

it was a normal cat (lost her to leuchemia few weeks a go :-( )

she was a stray we took in.

sorry to hear. is never easy to lose a beloved pet

If you're worried about your cat killing the wildlife, keep it indoors. Easier said than done though lol

We used to have an outdoor cat (it was actually DH's mother's) that would ALWAYS bring in mice, rats, birds and headless squirrels.
She didn't do it as presents for us (most of the time), she saw our room as her safe haven to munch on her kill (lots of outdoor cats in the area). We gave her wetfood that she would inhale down like there was no tomorrow, and dryed food was always out for her, but.. guess she just liked it fresh... bleh.
And absolutely no idea where the heads of the squirrels were. I'm fairly certain she didn't eat them b/c most of the carcasses that I had to clean up would still be very warm/recently killed.

I remember one of her presents though. We had this ledge thing outside the window... looked out it one day to see this HUGE dead rat on it. Bleh...

She was an old cat, but she was a very skilled hunter apparently o_O She was always sick though and always had worms b/c of the wild animals she ate.
She would get pretty scratched up and had to be taken to the vet multiple times. We would try to keep her in, but someone would always let her out or she would slip out. :\

Sounds just like our Casper lol He's never grown out of it and still brings as many in at age 13yrs than he did when he was younger. The biggest so far was a pidgeon but I swear he would bring back sheep given half the chance lol

sorry have no idea about stopping her from bringing you nice presents but i did read somewhere that a mix of lemon and water sprayed on to furniture keeps cats off them same as sticking a lemon air freshner near the piece of furniture you want her stop scratching,ill have to find the article but it said they dont like the smell of lemon ive never tried it but its worth a go :D

Thanks for all your stories everyone!!

I've given up, just letting him get on with it now.

He has begun to realise if they come house, then we'll take them off him. He's been leaving them at the end of a garden, its like a kitty-buffet from hell :blink:

Although this morning he has left just the 1 shrew and a mouse in the middle of the lounge floor. Thanks Cefur!!

The other day was a pregnant mouse.. that has been the worst, the babies were still alive. :sad:

Anyway.... cest la vie!!

Oh, a note for everyone: Look out for Grass Seeds!! You know the type, little barbed arrow things that we threw at each other when we were kids to stick in our jumpers and hair. He came in with one sticking out of his eye, and one trapped under his third eyelid. Trip to the vets and £40 spent, we had one lucky cat! Others had to be knocked out or operated on.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back