April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MBOU

Recovering LFS Worker
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Livestock:

I am desperately trying to find someone to have my beloved Mr Googles. I rescued him from a very untimely death and have trained him to come to the front of the tank and click for food and he will gently take food from your hand or tweezers and sit and happily eat it before wandering off to explore before going back to his hole.

He is a beautiful green colour, i do have a few photos of him but cant get them off my phone.
This is an identical photo of wwhat he looks like. Gonodactylaceus falcatus
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthropoda/crustacea/malacostraca/eumalacostraca/royslist/images/g_falcatus4.jpg

He is very well behaved as he has been living in a Fluval Edge tank (23 litres) with a pair of clowns and a small sailfin blenny of unknown species and he was completely unfazed by them except when the blenny poked his eyes and stole his prawn!! (Didnt do it a second time!). I also caught him snacking on bristleworms when i didnt feed him when he was demanding it!

Quantity for sale:

1 x Mantis Shrimp (Gonodactylaceus falcatus) and a 6cm square bit of liverock with ahole through it that he lives in.

Reason for Sale:

Unfortunately i've been forced to move back in with my parents who really dont share my love of fish and i'm already trying to find somewhere else to live after 24hours LOL. I cant keep moving him, he has moved house with me twice in 6 months!

Delivery or Collection:

He is up for collection only, he wont take kindly to being posted about. He is currently at the shop I work at where i first rescued him from but he is taking up tank space and is seen as a pest. He is been advertised at the shop as well.

Sales price:

Free to the right home! I just want him to be happy, know he will get his regular feed of prawn, cockle or mussel. He is an intelligent critter and very trusting when he gets to know you. No home with fish that might snack on him! He seems to get on ok with all small fish, hermit crabs, snails etc but i wouldnt advise starving him to see how well he tolerates other critters... he is a Mantis lol...

He is currently staying at Maidenhead Aquatic @ Aylesbury (Worlds End Garden Centre, Wendover) as thats where I work but obviously as he is my pet, I need to find him a new home asap.

The shop is in Wendover near Aylesbury but I can deliver him between Wendover, High Wycombe and Pangbourne/Reading area as I commute between Reading and Wendover at the moment and spend time in High Wycombe.

---------

If you can give him a good home... please let me know!! I still have the fluval edge tank i will be putting up for sale with sponge and rubble being kept mature on a system in the shop with my liverock too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back