Football Manager

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JoshuaA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Seeing as a lot of posts in this section are actually about computer games (fantasy football etc) I thought I may as well post it here.

How many of you guys play football manager 09/10 or even previous years?

If you do.... what squad do you run?

I am Newcastle supporter however after playing 2 seasons and being relegated back down to the championship and being fired I gave up! So I moved onto Liverpool, I was on a massive winning streak and it's still going well...

What are you current squad set ups? What players do you always push for?

In fact... what players do you buy because you know they're good but hate them in real life, or even what players don't you buy because you don't like them in real life?

My squad...

I tend not to play any players apart from gerrard and johnson from the England squad purely because I dislike their, up their own #14### attitude in real life.

So the setup consists of 5 national german players however I still have a few classics.

I usually play with

Torres/Klose/Podolski/Dzeko in Attack on a rotational basis for everyone!
Muller/Schweinsteiger/Gerrard/van der Vaart/Ozil/Benayoun - Mid
Aurelio/Diego Renan/Johnson/Steven Taylor/Carragher(rarely)/Agger-Skrtl and of course Mascherano for DM when necessary. - Defense

I have to leave a lot of squad spots open to be able to actual enter my team in the premiership due to the homegrown player restrictions.

My goal keepers well... I usually play Reina however I enjoy the child trade involved in football manager in which you can buy players who are 14 years old etc haha. I end up playing my reserve 18 year old keeper which is capped in the german squad. I bought him at 15 and just spent ages giving him a optimal training plan and bought a coach specifically for him... I then went on to buy another FIVE youth players to generate some income and well desired

haha!! im addicted to football manager, cant wait for the new one. Sit with it on my laptop watching my fish. :)
I started with raith rovers (scottish second tier) got them promoted first season and won all cups including the premier league (scotland) by the 4th season.
Then moved to west ham end of 4th season and got them to win the league and champions league by the end of the 7th, now at napoli in my 10th season. in quater finals of euro cup and 3rd in the league, took them on when they were bottom of the league. Want to get all cups from all leagues in the countries on my file (scotland, england, spain, italy and france). so should be going another 10 seasons.
cant wait for the new game. Thinking of starting with an mls team and work my way up the best leagues from there.

my computer clunks allong a bit, so I'm still on football manager 2007.

However, sticking with it does give me a chance to play the long game a bit (Ie, one game over four years).

In 2028 my Fisher Athletic team were crowned champions of europe for the third successive season.

It would mean absolutely nothing to you if I was to name my team - none of them actually exsist.

Earlier this year I retired that game, and have started again with Blythe Spartans. pushing for the playoffs in the conference in my 3rd season (promoted last season).

A couple of hours a week is all you need...

I manage Mexico currently! I also have taken on a large amount of fantasy players recently.

I;ve been addicted to it fro about 12 years!!!you think you;d get bored!!

I;ve only justbought footbakll manager 2010. Its a bit slow on my pc but its good, I;m Leeds on it at the moment

I;ve been addicted to it fro about 12 years!!!you think you;d get bored!!

I;ve only justbought footbakll manager 2010. Its a bit slow on my pc but its good, I;m Leeds on it at the moment

I have all the settings on the lowest, I don't intend to play it due to graphics as its nearly all a text based game.

I play on football manager 2011 and am currently the mighty Cardiff city.

After 3 seasons and getting promoted to the prem, we are hovering around 12th position.

Getting michael owen and owen hargreaves on a free has been a huge help :)

Other than that i play on the old Championship Manager 01-02, the best ever!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back