Food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

SeanTrollope

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have a smallĀ tank that i can grow a small irriating type of snail that breeds really well to feed puffers (if i get them) is this a good idea would they sustain 3 dwaf puffers inevitly of would i have to feed them other things as well.(2.5 gal if im correct)

First off is to identify what those snails are. You could post a photo if you dont, so we can ID it better.

Usually people use pond snails, or bladder snails for feeders dwarf puffers, you should also be feeding some bloodworms, mussels, shrimp, fish, you know just quality frozen foods.
Ā 
Be aware they can be messy eaters and if you have them in a 10 gallon when you get them they will get the tank dirty constantly.

sawickib said:
Usually people use pond snails, or bladder snails for feeders dwarf puffers, you should also be feeding some bloodworms, mussels, shrimp, fish, you know just quality frozen foods.
Ā 
Be aware they can be messy eaters and if you have them in a 10 gallon when you get them they will get the tank dirty constantly.
i am aware that they are messy. im going to do two maby three types of snail i will also be growing mosquto larve which ill skip out of the snail pond that ive just finnished setting up outside (more like a big tub with poolfilter sand and a filter
cool1.gif
Ā ).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back