Food Options

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering what else I can feed my Bristlenosed Pleco's ( mom+dad+fry), besides the zuchinni, cucumber and algae pellets. Any suggestions?

Hey, I was wondering what else I can feed my Bristlenosed Pleco's ( mom+dad+fry), besides the zuchinni, cucumber and algae pellets. Any suggestions?
you could try almost any other veg, theres a list here http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49, always worth trying a few different types, you'll find they go for some more than others.
maybe the occassional prawn would go down well too, just not too often as too much meat protein can cause digestive problems for a lot of plecs

Thankyou! That was VERY helpful. I have run out of Zuchinni and Cucumber, and was looking for something else to feed them!

NLS all-purpose or grow pellets are great as a staple diet IME. Excellent nutritional value, no worries about digestive problems. My L204's even eat it w/out any problems.

They will eat bloodworms as a treat as well, or shrimp pellets again not too often or just let a little food make it to the bottom and they will hit it.

I tried potatoe last night. I checked on them this morning, and they didn't even touch it. So, I took it out and threw it away.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back