Food Differentiation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crazybob

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been wondering lately what the differences are between staple food exactly. I was at the store recently looking at the ingredient list and they read identically. I will point out that I was looking at two of foods by Tetra (Tetra Min and Tetra Color enhancer). I wasn't exactly comparing brand names (because I don't particularly know what actually the fish need in their diet to decide which brand name is better for them) but just the differences in the product lines.

Does anyone know the differences in food ingredients between different fish foods? Are the various "color enhancers" just a gimmick to sell more product or does it work? And finally can someone recommend what the best staple food is and why?

Oh, and flake or pellet?

That turned out to be a lot of questions haha

Thanks guys!
Crazy

I'm surprised you haven't had any replies to this one, I'm not saying anything about a particular brand but I have read about foods for pets and for humans too being sold under different brand names and (sometime) they turn out to be the same thing but the the price is very different.

On this subject a lot of people do overfeed the fish so they tend to go through the food a bit faster so the cost obviously mounts up, I like to vary the food so again that too can cost a bit as well, I'm not saying you do by the way it was just a side issue.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back