Fluval U2 Filter Just Brought

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

trbjones

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just brought the new fluval U2 it cost me £23 from my local fish/garden centre and I wont to start off by saying it looks very good and feels of quality. It has 3 built in compacts 1.Foam pad 2.Poly/carbon pads 3. BIOMAX nodes. I will be setting it up tomorrow so I tell you how loud it is. this filter also looks good if you have a heavily planted tank as you can chance the flow rate 3 different ways 1. direct at top for max upper level current and oxygen 2. mixed hole out for all over (good for plants) softer current 3.Direct at bottom for max bottom level current. I would say the only down side is it slightly bigger but has allot more space in side and is more powerfully to be fair

Sounds good, only thing I will say is you dont need the carbon pad, so replace that with some normal foam pads, only need the carbon to remove meds if you ever use them.

Sounds good so far :good: Remember that all filters get quieter with time, so it may be a couple of days before you can evaluate the true "noise level" it gives off :good:

All the best
Rabbut

If these are as reliable and as good as the + range, then these may be the internals of choice for quite some time.

Looking forward to hearding your feedback.

Well today I put it in my main tank to help mature the media, there is no noise of which I can hear, very easily to set up and I can also say it going to be really easy to clean the filter out and very quick to put it back in, I also think it look good quality

I would highly recommend it to anyone

I know i'm reviving an old post, before anyone flames me.

I'm just wondering how the OP got on with the filter since setting up. Is it still performing well? Is it still quiet? Would you recommend it? I'm thinking of getting one since an employee of Maidenhead aquatics demoed one to me

Most reactions

Back