Fluval timer suggestions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a 5g fluval with the light that was included. I am looking for a timer that would allow me to do the sunrise/sunset settings. I have a basic cheap one that will just turn off and on but was hoping to find something better. Evetything online doesn’t seem to be compatible. Any suggestions on a timer I might not be seeing online? Thank you!

Attachments

• DE45B772-8188-4B36-831E-A40F8EBBD491.jpeg
    DE45B772-8188-4B36-831E-A40F8EBBD491.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
Hi,
I don't use one myself but here is one that is from a good company.
Interpret LED Auto Timer
What do you have in you tank? :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh, I see now, the photo opened, nice tank! :)
Thank you, I have live plants with some endlers, cardinals and 2 shrimp. I wasn’t using a timer at all and was getting a bad algae problem so I’m trying to get that under control and figured I needed a good timer!

This one fits a slightly wider range of lights https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K6H6CB5/?tag=

It also allows you to dim the lights if needed and set your own timings rather than being forced to accept the fixed cycle of the previously mentioned device.
Thank you, I looked into that one and for some reason that I can’t remember why but my husband said it won’t work with my light. I could probably do on/off but won’t let me use the sunrise setting

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you trying to have it change from day to night automatically I have the same tank so I can try to help also I'm in love with your scape

Are you trying to have it change from day to night automatically I have the same tank so I can try to help also I'm in love with your scape
Thank you! Yes I would like to have it change from day to night but I like the idea that some timers are able to turn on and slowly go up to brightest setting and the same for Turing off. I just can’t find one that works with this light.

Thank you! Yes I would like to have it change from day to night but I like the idea that some timers are able to turn on and slowly go up to brightest setting and the same for Turing off. I just can’t find one that works with this light.
Well unfortunately I doubt you will be able to do this Because the only way to turn it from night to day is by touching the switch I’m sorry

I just use regular light timers for my tank-cheap and reliable. I also have a lamp on a timer. In the morning the room is lit by sunlight coming through the window for sun rise, tank lights come on at 10am and then turn off at 9pm and a dim lamp in the room stays on until 10 pm giving the sun set affect.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back