Fluval Shaker 252 Setup Issue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Tracker400

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum and just in the process of setting up a Fluval Shaker 252. Does anyone have any experience with this tank?

Iā€™m really happy with the tank apart from one thingā€¦ the noise it makes with the canister filter running.

I have tried running it with 3 filters now, a Fluval 307, Fluval 407 and now Eheim Pro 4+ 600. All the filters have been brand new and primed, setup correctly and they run fairly silent all by themselves but the second theyā€™re in the cabinet there is a very noticeable humming noise.

To try and stop the sound Iā€™ve made sure no equipment touches the sides of the cabinet, placed the filter on foam and even added sound absorbing tiles to the entire inside of the cabinet but I still get this really annoying droning sound.

If anyone has any advise or suggestions on what I can try next please let me know.

Thabks
Rob

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you had the filter on the floor while running on the tank?

It is probably the bit of wood on the bottom of the cabinet that the filter sits on. Maybe putting a block under the wood might help. or stick another piece of wood inside the cabinet for the filter to sit on. It might help but might not.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you had the filter on the floor while running on the tank?

It is probably the bit of wood on the bottom of the cabinet that the filter sits on. Maybe putting a block under the wood might help. or stick another piece of wood inside the cabinet for the filter to sit on. It might help but might not.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried suspending it in the air and still get the same sound. I will try this thoughā€¦ Iā€™ll try anything at the moment as Iā€™m pulling my hair outā€¦ and havenā€™t got much left as it is haha

Ive seen other fish keeps use a product called Dynamat which is used in cars to dampen noise. That or a couple layers of egg crate foam:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back