Fluval Plant light 3.0

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The lamp comes already equipped with the means to attach it over a tank...check those telescopic arms.
Yeah, I have the aquasky like you. I was meaning I thought maybe they sell separate brackets that allow you to hang it if you wanted to.

Yeah, I have the aquasky like you. I was meaning I thought maybe they sell separate brackets that allow you to hang it if you wanted to.
I couldn't see what advantage doing that may have. Perhaps when you start to lift the lamp away from the tank, you'd be reducing its plant-growing benefits?

I couldn't see what advantage doing that may have. Perhaps when you start to lift the lamp away from the tank, you'd be reducing its plant-growing benefits?
Not 5' above, just a foot or so. I fill my tank to the top so with the light sitting directly on the frame, the floating plants don't get light unless directly underneath. Also, elevating it a foot or so above the tank would give more even distribution.
As for reducing plant growth, I'm only running mine at 60% during peak hours. Any higher and I get algae.

I looked a few years ago but haven’t checked back in a while..idk if they ever released brackets or anything…gonna check it out

Thanks

I think Fluval may sell brackets for hanging. The easiest, albeit not the prettiest, way to hang it would be with jack chain from the ceiling. Jack chain is what you would see fluorescent lights hanging from in a warehouse.
And no code to worry about. The lights are rated to be around moisture.
Oh I see it online now…it’s still manual tho. I kinda started making mine lol it’s manual too but I have both chain cut from Home Depot and picture frame sorta like material, 100# weight capacity. My real challenge is getting a ladder to hook it up. As my plants grow I move the light. But I can’t if it’s complicated to reach. I was thinking some wheels like a fishing pole rod and trolly it up. I can still use chains with wire weaved through for decor esthetics.
I have the material of what they are selling I can hang it right now but reaching to adjust lights is a challenge for me to service the tank with ease. I find a high tech build will fail if I ever lose electricity so I’m interested in manual.

It’s not available for sale anywhere around me anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️

I guess I have to make it lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back