Fluval Plant light 3.0

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JazzyV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Has anyone try mounting/hanging this light? Would that even be safe? Or up to code? Thanks.

They have different model tiers ..I guess lol i never tried sky tho so I I don’t know much about it.

Assuming the fittings are the same, I found the fitting of the lamp over an open tank to be excellent, but I wasn't happy with a lidless tank. In the end, I glued the clamps to the inside of my lid and my lamp now clicks into place in the lid. Works fine.

😉Nice…and Gratz on your sky..hope you are pleased as I am.

I have different sizes ..for 30’s and 40’s..the 30 one won’t fit on my 40’s ..just a tad couple inches short along with the light itself too.

I think I’m gonna mount it..been a back burner project for years..

electrician is here..he said good to go no “up to code” or anything..I guess I’m too overly cautious. He’s gonna hang it for me.

I’m trying to setup to accommodate my plants that grow outta the aquarium and fruit stage so I can red light it and get babies so I don’t have to mow the lawn so early 😉

what glue did you use ? I’ve been afraid to try glue lol especially super glue cuz of the residue…then I like how I can slide the light to side as needed to service tank so I never tried glue 😂🙈

😉Nice…and Gratz on your sky..hope you are pleased as I am.

I have different sizes ..for 30’s and 40’s..the 30 one won’t fit on my 40’s ..just a tad couple inches short along with the light itself too.
I found I had to get one a tad smaller than the one I was really after, so that it would fit inside my lid
what glue did you use ? I’ve been afraid to try glue lol especially super glue cuz of the residue…then I like how I can slide the light to side as needed to service tank so I never tried glue 😂🙈
I used Aquarium sealant. Left it two days to fully cure.

🤦🏻‍♀️Forgot I need to be able to adjust the light so I can’t mount yet maybe build it on something like this inspiration..
image.jpg
a trolly argggg lol

I found I had to get one a tad smaller than the one I was really after, so that it would fit inside my lid

I used Aquarium sealant. Left it two days to fully cure.
Ooh 😯 wow didn’t know that…what size tank ? Standard rectangle?

Cool sounds like that would hold much better than bathroom sealants..I will try to keep some in my craft box. Thank you for sharing.

It's 80cm x 30cm...basic rectangle.
Cool sounds like that would hold much better than bathroom sealants.
Don't forget, this is the stuff that you use when you build aquariums, so it has to be strong enough to hold glass together and to keep on holding it when the tank's full of water.
This was the stuff I used.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think Fluval may sell brackets for hanging. The easiest, albeit not the prettiest, way to hang it would be with jack chain from the ceiling. Jack chain is what you would see fluorescent lights hanging from in a warehouse.
And no code to worry about. The lights are rated to be around moisture.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back