Fluval Flustration!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My API testing kit didn't arrive today. Now they're expecting it to get here Wednesday at the latest. I went and got the Seachem ammonia monitoring, waiting to see what it registers right now. I also picked up a few new plants.
At least I made it out of Petco without buying any more fish. 😂😂😂
20220107_181409.jpg

My API testing kit didn't arrive today. Now they're expecting it to get here Wednesday at the latest. I went and got the Seachem ammonia monitoring, waiting to see what it registers right now. I also picked up a few new plants.
At least I made it out of Petco without buying any more fish. 😂😂😂View attachment 151830
you know I have some of these and I didn't know what the name of them were so thanks for posting this pic!
I am surprised at their ability to grow (or at least not die) under my lame-o aquarium kit lights 😁

Good choice. Plant it in the back and see how it goes. If you don't have any fish in the 55er, add 10 or 15 drops of ammonia per day and make sure the center of the AmmoniaAlert stays yellow. In several weeks, you might be able to add some fish if your filter material from your 10s kicks in.

I'm fixing to put the new plants in right now. I still have a few of the baby guppies that I can't catch floating around. That's what I get for grabbing a handful of hornwort and putting it in there.

Last edited:
View attachment 151834
I'm fixing to put the new plants in right now. That's my new monitor in the right corner. You can see I still have a few of the baby guppies that I can't catch floating around. That's what I get for grabbing a handful of hornwort and putting it in there :)
I'm thinking of buying Garland and wrapping it around the cords so that it will look like there are plants instead of just draping cords. Right now having the cardboard behind it didn't work for me, although I may get a nicer background later.
Looks like your water has cleared up nicely. Next time your family visits, have some black mylar and adhesive tape for them to help you with the background. Maybe you need a larger net and a higher step-stool to catch those guppies ;).

20220111_121551.jpg

API test came... These are my first results. I think they look ok for the stage I'm at (still adding plants)??

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back