Fluval Flex vs. C-vue 40

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TWynnB

Reaction score
Greetings!
I am new to the hobby and obsessively planning a set up and everything that follows. I initially was going to get a 20 g tank, but seeing that bigger is easier, increased to somewhere b/w 30-50. The stand I have is the limiting factor at 40 inches x 22 inches and quite solid.
Notes- I have upper body mobility issues, so will need lower depth (preferably under 18") and the easier the better.
The AIO are appealing because...well, easier. My top two are the c-vue 40 and the fluval flex 32.5. My thoughts are:
C-VUE:
---40 gallons!
---low iron glass
---excellent reviews
---no cover, no lights.
---36"x18"x14"
---they have sock filters and apparently many opt to replace these.
---more expensive, but with low iron glass seems reasonable. Not outside of budget.

FLUVAL:
---32.5 gallons, smaller but still nice size for beginner
---people love them. excellent reviews
---33"x16"x15"
---I see many changing out lights, and changing out or improving filter system.
---does come with light and cover (which looks really nice)

I am planning hardy more passive fish as a beginner and nothing unique. I will have some real plants to help the cycle and make life easier.

Does anyone have thoughts, experiences, concerns with the above? Any other recommendations? I did like the fluval bow 45 g as well but seems discontinued and a little deep at 20". My concern is that so many replace items because not appropriate - I don't want to buy an AIO and then change things out at added expense. Both of these are beautiful set ups to me with everything hidden.

Thanks!

bumpy bump bump :)
never seen the tanks but hopefully someone else has and can offer some ideas.

I would go with the Flex. Design is flawless and the filter is amazing. The lights are also super good.

Thanks.

I went to the store over 2 hours away to see the Flex, and it didn't strike my fancy...so walked out with a 40 gallon breeder tank. The owner was quite helpful in filter selection (Fluval 307) so now I'm in the midst of planning everything!

Sometimes the “flex” really doesn’t appeal to everyone. Glad you found a tank! :good:

When I read your initial post about wanting something more shallow and easy to reach into, I was going to suggest a 40G breeder. That's awesome that you settled on that, and that's a great filter that should last forever.

What are your stocking plans?

I'm not absolutely sure yet. Being a beginner I'll stick with the easy fish - the non live bearers. Doing research tonight!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back