Fluval Flex pump help!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fluvalflex101

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to tge forum and in need of help, so thought it best to ask here since there is far more knowledhe here than mine!
So i have a fluval flex 57 litre (15g) and i was trying to open the front of the pump to clean the filter foam. I couldn't get tge tube off so i tried with it still on. Well it snapped, including the attatchments. Glueing it was out of the question due to the chemicals in the glue.
I ordered a new pump but it came without the pipe and Hagan who do the spare parts don't sell it. So i'm at a loss now as to what to do.
The pipe attatches to a connector and i'm not sure what pipe or attachments to look for as an alternative! Any help is appreciated!

Can you attach some photos so we may get a better idea?

The flex is a new type of tank but the filter should be similar or even the same as other Fluval tanks.

So a pic should help determine what is missing, if anything and advice may then be forthcoming.

I binned the pump but the picture below is pretty much a replica. As you can see tge tube screws onto the pump with the nozzle connecting at the top. It's stressing me out trying to think of an alternative.

Attachments

• Fluval-A14677-A14673-ReplacementCirculationPump-P-Int.jpg
    Fluval-A14677-A14673-ReplacementCirculationPump-P-Int.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 989
  • 20170615_202751.jpg
    20170615_202751.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,109
So the pipe/hose and connector is missing entirely?

I know you said you binned the broken pump but did you keep the hose or any parts?

No i didn't keep any of it because i had seen it on the fluval website where you can buy spare parts and it is pictured with the pipe. The pump is only made for the Flex and the Evo. When i emailed them to check the pipe was included they said it wasn't. It baffles me how it can't be included, since both tanks require the pipe for it to work the way it is designed to.

I have had a look online to see if I could get the output nozzle and hose, seems its pretty hard to come by since its a new model of aquarium and distibuters have not yet have many requests for spare for these flex spare parts yet.

The nearest I could find was this - fluval output nozzle for aquarium

It lists the part number (Item # : A14679 UPC : 01556133679) which will come in handy when they eventually comes on the market but for now, a DIY or a replacement complete pump that has a similar output and see if that works could be an option if you cannot find these parts.

Not what you want to hear but since its such a new product, the spare parts are not really out there yet imho.

Might be worth giving a call to contact Fluval / Hagan to see if they can help, their services are usually pretty good.

Hi! I'm new to tge forum and in need of help, so thought it best to ask here since there is far more knowledhe here than mine!
So i have a fluval flex 57 litre (15g) and i was trying to open the front of the pump to clean the filter foam. I couldn't get tge tube off so i tried with it still on. Well it snapped, including the attatchments. Glueing it was out of the question due to the chemicals in the glue.
I ordered a new pump but it came without the pipe and Hagan who do the spare parts don't sell it. So i'm at a loss now as to what to do.
The pipe attatches to a connector and i'm not sure what pipe or attachments to look for as an alternative! Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

I have just done exactly the same as you, whilst swilling the pump in a bucket of water to get rid of the gunk, I have snapped the hose clean off.

What was your solution in the end?!

I am new to fish keeping and would hate to see my fish disappear!!

Thank you

Hi,

I have just done exactly the same as you, whilst swilling the pump in a bucket of water to get rid of the gunk, I have snapped the hose clean off.

What was your solution in the end?!

I am new to fish keeping and would hate to see my fish disappear!!

Thank you

I got sent the tubing free of charge from Hagan because they were falsley advertising the tubing with the pump.
I then had to buy fluval EVO/Sea connector parts which cost about £30 from their website which had 1 connector part i needed. Its worked ok since.

Nice that you managed to sort that out without too much trouble.

But of course at a price, absolutely typical. We’ve all had this sort of situation where feels like no choice but to swallow the costs of such things.

Worth it in the end really and you learned from this. Chalk it up as experience ;)

Hey everyone from the future who views this post, I had a similar issue happen today where the connector between the Hose and the Pump snapped for my 9 Gal (34 litre) Flex. I frantically searched online to see if I could find the part, including finding this post, but I couldn't find the name of it. It wasn't until I went to a hardware store, in the plumbing section, did I find the name. The connector is actually just a plastic vinyl tubing connector, with the dimensions of 1/2" barb x 1/4" mip (it's important to get a plastic, lead-free one). The hose itself is just vinyl tubing with a 1/2" interior (the exterior doesn't particularly matter, but the thinner it is the easier it is to handle). You can find both of these at your local hardware store, though for me I had to go to 3 different stores to find the connector (HomeDepot and Lowes did not have it, however, Ace did). I spent a total of $5 on 2 feet of tubing (just in case I messed up when cutting it) and the connector.

Here's is amazon link for the connector if you are unable to find it, though at the time of writing its listed for $10 and I got mine for $2.50 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RI1X38/?tag=ff0d01-20

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back