Fluval Filter Help.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SamLovesCorys

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, Norfolk, UK
I have a Fluval 2 Plus Internal filter, which I bought off eBay recently. It has arrived, and I am struggling to install it. The detachable sucker section won't stick to the wall properly, and the filter keeps on sliding off it and floating to the surface. I don't know if i'm putting the filter on the sucker thingy wrong, help me!

Sorry if this is a dumb question,

Sam

If it has the 'U' shaped bracket it should slide down into it from the top and clip into place.

As for the suckers, try taking then off and putting them in a mug of boiling water to help reshape them.

Not sure then, usually it's just a case of sliding them into the bracket and they click in place. Are you sure it's the correct bracket?

It is a square bracket, mine sometimes slips a bit, I have to clean the glass and it stays put for a while, to be honest I think the bracket isn't strong enough to hold the filter.
Is the Fluval 2 a short body one, if not you could try resting it on a pile of stones or something to help support it?

Is it cus it's kinda floating up? Because I had this trouble and it was a case of holding it in the water for a bit until the sponges filled with water and it was heavy enough to pull against the claw of the sucker.
It is an awful holder though, the filter tends to buzz a lot cus of the vibration =\

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back