April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ch4rlie

Moderate Moderating Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Am not new to TFF but have a few years experience with successful Freshwater keeping, however I am very, brand spanking new to saltwater fishkeeping.

Have recently bought a Fluval Evo 13.5g / 52l all in one aquarium based on a few good reviews from experienced keepers saying it’s pretty good for the money for new keepers.

So, have not set up the tank yet as am still in research mode and want to do as much homework as possible before actually putting in water (whether is going to be own RO water system am considering setting up or bought from LFS am not sure yet) and livestock.

So would appreciate any tips anyone can give for a newbie in saltwater nano tank, in particular any decent upgrades of equipment I can get that would fit into or works with this tank set up.

Have read reviews and opinions on the Fluval PS1 and PS2 skimmers but seems they pretty much hit and miss, mostly miss imho, so any alternative options or ideas would be great.

And is it worth adding a wavemaker, thinking about additional jebao SW2 would make a decent addition to increase water flow a bit, but again, would appreciate advice about that.

As for live stocking the tank when finally set up, not a clue to be honest :blush:

Live rocks is probably the start of it, I’d like a little blenny of some sort, and my 6 year old boy would dearly l ‘finding Nemo fishies’ aka Clownfish but am unsure if this sized tank would be suitable and a anemone which these clownfish like would be nice also, and my other half loves saltwater shrimps but whether all these are possible or advisable for a newbie with this particular tank, am unsure.

So, pretty much ANY advice from experienced saltwater/nano keepers would simply be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

And will very likely be more questions to follow up afterwards!!! :X

I know @Chad keeps SW tanks - hey may be able to help. Sounds like an interesting video. Good luck! :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back