Fluval Edge...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jdubz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I went to P@H today and saw the fluval edge and thought it was really nice...

Its got a pricetag of £86 which i thought was a bit steep for a 23L aquarium.

fluvaledge2.jpg

One thing i saw is, the base of the tank isn't supported much as there is about 2" gap each side of the stand... wouldnt this break or would it have been treated?

Weird looking thing if you ask me :rolleyes:

I guess at only 20 odd litres, the overhang wouldnt be much of a problem.

I went to P@H today and saw the fluval edge and thought it was really nice...

Its got a pricetag of £86 which i thought was a bit steep for a 23L aquarium.

fluvaledge2.jpg

One thing i saw is, the base of the tank isn't supported much as there is about 2" gap each side of the stand... wouldnt this break or would it have been treated?
You made a good observation with this for sure.

For this size tank, there is not going to be that much weight in water, so this really is not a huge deal. There will be around 50 pounds of water in the tank, so not that much.

Also, the tanks are made out of tempered glass, pretty much making them fairly strong.

And if it ever did break, I don't think it would, you could complain to the company and probably get your money back.

-FHM

I saw this, its nice but expensive, and the access hole on top isnt that big and i like to be able to change my stuff in my tank occasionaly and imagine trying to net a fish with the small hole!

I saw these too at our local P@H yesterday. They look funky but can't see them being too much good for fish, Not a lot of surface area for the water!

I thought the material it was finished in looked rather cheap, especially for the cost.

I picked one up last week - smart looking thing, just very impractical, lol! I plan to do a few modifications and have it as a planted nano tank with shrimp, possibly a betta too if it still works with a slightly lower water level, as the hole where the fish could access the surface is very small.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back