Fluval Edge/chi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

josh_g

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When I go to somewhere like maidenhead aquatics I always get pretty bummed out because they sell so many stunning looking little fish like betta's and things but I can never buy any because my SA/CA cichlids would make short work of them and in the other tank my tangys would do the same. So ive decided to solve the problem by buying a nice little tank. Needs to be something classy looking to go in the front room so the misses doesn't complain. I really like the look of the fluval edge or chi but the way it's designed brings me to think the maintenance would be a pain in the a%$. Anyone own either of these two and have any input? Thanks

I (well, it's my son's actually) have an Edge. Nice looking tank, but you're quite right, it's a PITA to work on; also not really suitable for bettas due to the very small surface area.

I wouldn't pick either of those tanks, tbh; they're more about home decor than fish.

I do love the look of the edge though would like to get one and have say 10-15 neon tetras in there would look sweet. Gunna buy two nano tanks as want to try my luck setting up one as a salty :good:

I have the Fluval Edge 46L and you are quite right in saying it looks like a pain, because it is! Unfortunately the opening at the top is quite small so water changes aren't easy (I tend to splash water EVERYWHERE). I haven't put fish in mine yet but I imagine that will be difficult too. Though these things are/will be annoying, they're not a huge drawback. I still like the tank as it does look very nice and modern and comes with a decent filter and a moonlight (the major selling point for me :rolleyes:). With the surface area issue; I just leave a gap of about an inch between the water and top of the tank.

Check out the link in my sig if you want to see more of my tank :good:

I personally would get a Chi because maintenance would be easier, if you got a betta they need to be able to take air from the surface and I think they look nicer too! :blush:

I had an Edge for years and never found it difficult except for the year i was stupid enough to try running it as marine lol.

Personally I wouldnt advise keeping a fighter in either, the Chi is an awful tank unless you are stripping it back to nothing... which is pointless...

Have you looked at the Superfish 'Home' tank? I really like that one :)

I have looked at them but didn't really think much of them.

I really like the 19l fluval spec, which has everything yo like about the edge, but even more stylish IMO

Yeah but didnt you take everything out of the Chi that made it look different to any other upright glass tank? :p

Most reactions

trending

Back