Fluval Edge 46L

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jayze69

Reaction score
Just got a fluval edge 46 l. After I have done a cycle how many fish should I put in. I was thinking of 6 neon tetras, 4 male guppies and 2 cherry shrimp. Is this too many.

Also putting in live plants, what substrate and plants would you recommend?

I think that would work although I would have a few more shrimp or you just won't see them.

I personally prefer sand to gravel but the edge is tricky to clean due to the shape and gravel might be easier.

In terms of plants, what i did and would suggest is you get a mix of tropical plants from eBay, as they are quite cheap, and see what takes your fancy and what works. Llook them up to get info on how to plant them properly as some like their roots under the substrate and some need to be tied to rocks and wood. I would definitely go for some moss balls for the shrimp and bog wood with anubias on it is always nice to look at and quite undemanding.

And the shrimp have very low bio-load, so you can add a few more in there, as sadguppy suggested.

Just got a fluval edge 46 l. After I have done a cycle how many fish should I put in. I was thinking of 6 neon tetras, 4 male guppies and 2 cherry shrimp. Is this too many.

I have the same tank and have about 10 neon, 6 rummy nose, two big mollies, two baby mollies, two baby guppys, three catfish, one pleco, a pair of apistogrammas. Have had no fish loss, water very stable, change 5 ltrs per week.

I have the same tank and have about 10 neon, 6 rummy nose, two big mollies, two baby mollies, two baby guppys, three catfish, one pleco, a pair of apistogrammas. Have had no fish loss, water very stable, change 5 ltrs per week.

Troll

Why do you think I am a troll? That's the truth.

Why do you think I am a troll? That's the truth.

Care to show us a couple of pictures??

Yeah can do, I post off an I pad so it's a #29### but can probably do a link, or send someone an email to post?

:X
I do not recommend following this example, that's very similar to what I have in my 200l and I would consider that pretty well stocked!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85228908@N07/7806897958

I have taken advice from shop, given water samples whenever I have added, and test myself now.

If I had had problems I would say, but don't. I have three other tanks, and take my fish keeping responsibilities seriously.

Little fish lke neon create little impact on the biology of a tank, I have a ballon mollie that eats and poops more than the entire stock of neons.

Cat fish are good cleaners, as is pleco. It's not like I have thrown in some random fish trying to turn it into a fish slurry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back