Fluval Edge 23L? Worth Getting?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Le Sorcier

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I would like one of these tanks to replace my other small tank.

Does anyone have any positive negative issues with them?  My main concern would be gravel cleaning with the small opening?  Is the Fluval gravel cleaner any good?

And also, could you keep Corys with the small opening? Oh, and what is the best heater for them?

Thanks in advance

They are quite hard to clean, and the Fluval cleaner isn't much better than any other. I bought the matching Fluval heater and it's been fine (although I don't have the tank set up atm, it was running successfully for about three years, stocked with male Endlers and ghost shrimps).

I wouldn't put cories in there; it's too small, even for the dwarf species, IMO.

I found the filter wasn't up to much either, tbh; prone to blocking and slow flow and not much room for media.

I would say there are far better nano tanks out there.

Any alternative Nano tanks?

My local LFS is selling the Fluval Edge for £69.99 at present.  Good price.

I like the AquaNano range; I have the 55l version (which is a 40cm cube).

The hidden filtration compartment is huge, and you have the heater in there as well, so keeps the tank free of the hardware.

Thanks, that looks a nice tank too.

Is the lighting ok?  I quite liked the idea of the night lighting that comes with the Edge?

I'm afraid both my Aquanano and Edge are a couple of years old, and they've changed the lights on both since, so I have no idea what the new ones are like!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back