Fluval Co2 Indicator Kit Is It Any Good?

watertown28

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I decided to buy a Fluval CO2 Indicator Kit. I just installed it and saw my liquid is still blue. I have added 10mL of flourish excel to the tank. my tank is a 72 gallon bow front. Would it read the CO2 levels with that kind of CO2 added to the tank? I can not seem to find any answers to that let alone how long it would take the indicator to read the levels if it can read it.

thats a tough question id say that liquid carbon wouldn't be picked up from an indicator (im guessing its a drop checker). because its a larger organic molecule liquid carbon doesn't change the pH of the tank so i doubt it would have any effect on the indicator. not 100% sure.

It won't register. Liquid carbon isn't a gaseous donor, but an alternative source of carbon for the plants. The drop checker will measure gas levels, which won't be elevated, so sadly you won't get a reading.

On the positive side, liquid carbon is far easier to control in quantity that the gas form, as you have direct control over what is going into the tank.

It won't register. Liquid carbon isn't a gaseous donor, but an alternative source of carbon for the plants. The drop checker will measure gas levels, which won't be elevated, so sadly you won't get a reading.

On the positive side, liquid carbon is far easier to control in quantity that the gas form, as you have direct control over what is going into the tank.
In that case, have I OD'ed my tank? I did a 40% WC yesterday and put in 7mL of the carbon. Today it was 5mL. I do have a good assortment of plants. I would say about 10 - 12 plants. All the fish seen to be dong fine , the albino corries are less active but that might be due to the current that is in there now ( they been acting strange now that I put a pump in there )

what does it say on the bottle. its easy to over does this stuff (iv done it and killed a whole tank over night) while trying to get rid of algae

what does it say on the bottle. its easy to over does this stuff (iv done it and killed a whole tank over night) while trying to get rid of algae
Umm 1 cap full for every 50 gallons which is 5 mL.

I have to say I did 5x2.5 mL today... I think i should do a quick WC.

Though it does say dose can be increased slowly for high growth tanks.

you should be okay with that. i wouldnt increase the does any more. i use 1-2ml of mine per 50l (it rated for 1ml/50L) when i over dosed i put 10ml in to 50L of water. so its easy to do

you should be okay with that. i wouldnt increase the does any more. i use 1-2ml of mine per 50l (it rated for 1ml/50L) when i over dosed i put 10ml in to 50L of water. so its easy to do
good because I done got many types of algae in the tank anyways. I read that this is one of the reasons ( lack of CO2 ) that it appears. I dosed with flourish yesterday and did a small add of it today too. I need to figure out where I can get some dry fritz online here in the US so I can add and do that also.

Most reactions

trending

Back