Fluval Chi Journal

Yeah when are you getting your betta!!!

I'm going to PetSmart this weekend to get the final plant, some dwarf hair grass. I also got 2 more cherries and a red crystal shrimp, who will be a permanent resident since they can't interbreed with blue pearls. The blue pearls, however, are still out of stock.

I may or may not get a betta. I feel the current is too strong for big, finned fish like a betta. Also, don't want one munching on my shrimp, but we'll see what happens

PB171257.jpg

PB171256.jpg

PB171255.jpg

PB171259.jpg

PB171258.jpg

Do they like your leaf and where did you get it?

Looking good... what kind of substrate did you use?

And the grass looks like a pain to plant - tweezers?

It looks really lovely Crossfire :) Not usually a fan of the Fluval Chi's, but you've made this one look brilliant :good:

Do they like your leaf and where did you get it?

Looking good... what kind of substrate did you use?

And the grass looks like a pain to plant - tweezers?

They like to use the leaf as a shelter to sleep under. They also enjoy foraging on it for microfauna and flora. I got a package of it from www.aqmagic.com It's the Grade A Giant Almond Leaf.

I used plain black silica sand from Stoney River Premium Aquarium Sand by Este's, but I feel like I should've used a different substrate, like the Fluval Shrimp Stratum or Plant Stratum.

They were a pain to plant. PetSmart sells them in vacuum sealed packs, and they are covered in a non-toxic gel, which in itself was a pain to remove. I didn't use tweezers, just my fingers. It took a while :p

Same as flute, I'm not a fan of the tanks but you've done a great job on it. :good:

They are lovely. The velvets are actually red rilis inbred from the blue clear ones that the rilis throw from time to time. Neither them, nor the pearls should be mixed with cherry shrimp as they will breed and you will lose the blue velvet colouration.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back