Fluval Aquasky 2.0

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I switched my cheap ebay spec LED light for an Aquasky 2.0 a few weeks back. With the cheap LED i never had any BBA but after switching to the Fluval i started seeing little tufts of BBA appearing on the rocks and heater. So i removed all blue/green/red light out of the settings and have been running pure white light for a couple of weeks as well as spot dosing the BBA with excel which worked in getting rid of it. Once all the BBA was gone i tried to introduce a bit of colour back into the spectrum but after a few days i noticed the BBA coming back! I have to say with the white light only the plants are still doing quite well, they're still growing and looking green as ever. Should i just leave it as is with the white light or is there a way i can add different colours back into the spectrum without making the BBA grow back?

My understanding is that you want more red than blue

I was told BBA will grow under any light and it has most probably entered your tank via spores from plants.
I too had BBA years ago; it was everywhere, on plants deco even through my gravel.... (i got rid of the lot) and started all over

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back