Fluval 406 filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have had a Fluval 407 for the past year because my Aquaclear was too noisy. The 407 has worked without issue for this entire time and is still considerably more quiet than the Aquaclear. It requires a lot of area behind or under the tank. Lots of room for filter media.

This might sound dumb but I have a lid on my tank how will the pipes come over? Should I cut a hole for them as I'm not keen on removing the lid.
Thanks

My tank didn't have a lid so I lost a good number of fish jumping out. I got a sheet of stiff polypropelene and cut it to shape with about a quarter of an inch gap all round. Then I cut the corners off just enough to allow the inlet and outlet pipes. I then cut a gap of 3" by 2" in the front centre, sellotaped it to make a lid for feeding without removing the cover.

I have the 206. Great filter. A little bit difficult to prime but once primed it’s a dream.

I've looked at the sun sun filters 3000l/ph looks good.
That's serious overkill for a 72 gallon tank. I would also point out that 2 filters are better than one. If one dies, your fish won't. It also allows you to clean the filter media on one filter, which has a negative impact on beneficial bacteria, while still maintaining good filtration. A week or two later, you clean the second one.

I also recommend the Sunsun filters. Two HW-702 filters would be more than adequate for your tank - for less than the Fluval.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back