Fluval 205 Leaking!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bluelucien

Reaction score
i have a fluval 205 external filter, not sure how long i have had it, maybe a year or two or so. recently i have noticed a wet patch by my fish tank, and have come to find that my filter is leaking, really slowly. i put a tea towel under it over night to protect my carpet at least but it was drenched, so i have closed the leaver things and turned the filter off to stop any more leaking temporarly.

i have looked at the rubber seal and it looks fine.....i think? but from what i can see the clamps on the side arnt closing the filter proper tight. do u think i need a new seal? or cood it be something else? really not sure. many thanks

Have you identified the point were it is leaking? you say the seal but is it?

Truck is bang on you should make sure the seal is greased either with the correct grease available from Hagon and some outlets or Vaseline is a good substitute as he mentioned.

Have you identified the point were it is leaking? you say the seal but is it?

Truck is bang on you should make sure the seal is greased either with the correct grease available from Hagon and some outlets or Vaseline is a good substitute as he mentioned.
i think it is by the seal, becuase it is dribbling slowly out of the area where the top clips on.

ill try vaseline, and let u know how it goes

the vasleine has worked!!! :) but still keeping a close eye just incase, how often is normal to real lube it?

The fluval x04 series had 2 small holes underneath each of the catches on the side, I'm not sure if the x05s did, but it's worth checking.
If the water looks like it's running from under the catches then put a blob of vaseline under there on the holes and it'll stop it. You could use superglue or silicone sealant for long term... But my vaseline blobs have lasted over 6 months now.

so today i moved my fish tank, and i dunno what it has done but the filter is leaking again, and it was much worse! didnt realise str8 away, yes there are two holes each side, and it looks like thats where the water is leaking, i have removed the filter for now, and will super glue it tmoz. hopefully this will work, many thanks

so today i moved my fish tank, and i dunno what it has done but the filter is leaking again, and it was much worse! didnt realise str8 away, yes there are two holes each side, and it looks like thats where the water is leaking, i have removed the filter for now, and will super glue it tmoz. hopefully this will work, many thanks
Is it Second hand?

If you have a recipt

Ask Fluval for a new filter !

I Mean whats the point spending more money on it if you have a recipt to get a replacement :good: what i would do.

Also i learned in my Prog award Lesson

That if you still have the box you may be able to get a replacement.

Something to do with a 6 year policy that if you have any proof you've brought it you may get a refund if not theres a certian something about the law witch allows you to buy them
I Forgot What the right is called but its something to do with trade rights...

Give it a try.

If it does'nt work Threaten to take Fluval to court :sly: be evil! :grr: :angry:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back