Fluval 105 Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

boxcrab

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY FLUVAL 105 EXTERNAL FILTER, IT LEAKS VERY SLOW WHERE LID JOINS BASE, I HAVE JUST PUT A NEW SEAL ON BUT STILL SEEMS TO HAVE OCCASIONAL TRICKLE DOWN BOTH SIDES ANY HELP PLEASE. USING REKORD 70 MARINE AQUARIUM.

im interested as iv got the same problem

Hi, WAS THINKING OF GETTING A FLUVAL 205 AS I HAVE 20 OR MORE CORALS BUT DONT REALLY WANT TO HAVE TO BUY A NEW FILTER IF I CAN HELP IT,

iv got both 205 and 2 105's (picked them up at a carboot the 205 and 1 of the 105's was leeking untill i put the 105's top on the 205's base that worked for 1 of them

i have a 406 fluval canister i had the same problem when i put it toghether the instructions wernt very clear on the gasket position,theres a small groove where it seats once i got it in the right spot i havnt had a problem since,you might just check to be sure its in the right spot.

i have a 406 fluval canister i had the same problem when i put it toghether the instructions wernt very clear on the gasket position,theres a small groove where it seats once i got it in the right spot i havnt had a problem since,you might just check to be sure its in the right spot.
thanks for your help malawilover it seems o/k at the moment but i shall check that later.

iv got both 205 and 2 105's (picked them up at a carboot the 205 and 1 of the 105's was leeking untill i put the 105's top on the 205's base that worked for 1 of them
good idea mike but i havent a spare top..

I have found that the seals on the fluval filters need a bit of vaseline every now and again t help the seal do its job properly. That and make sure that the clips apply pressure equally. I have two 405's and sometimes the tops sit off to one corner and let the far corner sit too high.

I have found that the seals on the fluval filters need a bit of vaseline every now and again t help the seal do its job properly. That and make sure that the clips apply pressure equally. I have two 405's and sometimes the tops sit off to one corner and let the far corner sit too high.
Thank you for your help fishprotecter, i whent to maidenhead aquatics this morning and purchased a aquamanta efx200 i would have replaced it with a fluval 205 but he said in the shop that they had a lot of trouble with fluval locking clips and he said that the bits of rubber pipe that the main plastic pipe join to sometimes just split open. so i think you were right mentioning the locking clips. been a nuisance disturbing everything putting the new pipe fitments in , but seems o/k now thanks Brian

Thank you for your help fishprotecter, i whent to maidenhead aquatics this morning and purchased a aquamanta efx200 i would have replaced it with a fluval 205 but he said in the shop that they had a lot of trouble with fluval locking clips and he said that the bits of rubber pipe that the main plastic pipe join to sometimes just split open. so i think you were right mentioning the locking clips. been a nuisance disturbing everything putting the new pipe fitments in , but seems o/k now thanks Brian

Glad you got it sorted! One of mine started leaking this morning after all, turns out it was the main seal. Replaced it and all is well. They are normally a good budget filter lol.

Glad you got it sorted! One of mine started leaking this morning after all, turns out it was the main seal. Replaced it and all is well. They are normally a good budget filter lol.

hi yes i replaced the seal last week on the fluval but alas started leaking again, i have the new seal and 2 flexi hoses and mechanism for a 105 if anyone interesed. dont suppose 2nd class post would cost much.

hi yes i replaced the seal last week on the fluval but alas started leaking again, i have the new seal and 2 flexi hoses and mechanism for a 105 if anyone interesed. dont suppose 2nd class post would cost much.
how much would you want for them?

do you have a picture? :crazy: i want to see if they will be any use to me :good: where abouts are you? UK?

how much would you want for them?

do you have a picture? :crazy: i want to see if they will be any use to me :good: where abouts are you? UK?

Give mike455555 1st offer as he got hear 1st. But i maybe intrestded. Need new Flexi pipes for my fluval 205.

Steve

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back