Fluorite And It's Effects On Inverts

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

utahfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
does the use of fluorite have any adverse effects on inverts like dwarf frogs.

i have a planted tank wtih african frogs and tetras in it and want to add fluorite for it's iron benefits but am weary about the effects it may have on my frogs if any. i noticed fluorite has a small amount of copper in it which is dangerous to inverts but is the copper content in fluorite low enough not to give worry?

I doubt if there is any, i have never heard of any negative reports on inverts from the use of flourite as a substrate.

hhmmm.....last I checked frogs have a skeleton like we do and not an exoskeleton, so they wouldn't be an invert....sorry, I'm a stickler for details

does the use of fluorite have any adverse effects on inverts like dwarf frogs.

hhmmm.....last I checked frogs have a skeleton like we do and not an exoskeleton, so they wouldn't be an invert....sorry, I'm a stickler for details

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That made me chuckle, indeed frogs are verts (vertebrates) not inverts. Im no expert but inverts like shrimp are affected by copper due to its affect on their exoskeleton, and frogs dont have this, so I wouldn't have thought I would be a problem, have you asked the shop there you got them?

Sam

See........told you it wouldn't be a problem :D .......you learn something every day

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back