Fluorescent to LED

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

xxamyxx85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am looking to change my lamps to LED. I have looked at the retrofit replacements etc.

I am setting up a 3ft freshwater tank, I can make adjustments as far as fittings to the hood. Iā€™m not to bothered about running anything through the existing electrics.

I would like LEDs that I can automatically set to come on white during the day and then transition to moonlight for the night. I have been looking and canā€™t seem to find any that specifically do this.... am I missing something?

I could put two lights in, with two separate timers and have one set to white during the day and one set to blue for the evening but I just thought there must be a light that does this? All advice much appreciated.

Sorry back again....

so I would like the fluval aquasky 2.0, I currently have 2 x T8 tubes, will I need 2 of the aquasky or 1?

I would get one light to cover the length of the tank. Especially if you have a glass lid.

Most led lights can have a dimmer/timer add on if it is not already built in.

If your light does not have these settings, you can add in an old school mechanical timer or set up a smart plug with scheduled on/off times to make the lights turn on and off at the same time every day.

I use an old school mechanical timer on my tetra tank like @Metalhead88 suggested and it works well. I also have a dim lamp on in the room that stays on after the tank lights go off to give a sunset affect and that turns off an hour later.

Iā€™m kind of set on the aqua sky 2.0 LEDā€™s, Iā€™m just wondering if one is enough to replace two T8ā€™s? Iā€™ve attached the specs of the lights.
DFD9EE90-566D-48B4-8741-F8A7D0E3F2BE.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back