Flowering Pots In Betta Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bluesword23516

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Recently I had a flowering pot that was outside and got knocked over by the wind and is now broken. I wanted to put this in my betta's tank as some hiding spots and some cool decorations for her. It has had soil in it, but none with fertilizer that I know of. 

How can I clean this to make sure there isn't any fertilizer left in it and make it safe for my betta? 

Question
What sort of plant is it? Will this plant grow in or under water?
I once got a verigated plant ( Had no idea as it was in water at LFS ) and it died in about 3 weeks making a awfull mess in the tank.

If you clean the pot with a 1:3 water:vineager solution, it's should be clean and ready to go!

If you clean the pot with a 1:3 water:vineager solution, it's should be clean and ready to go!
What about the roots of the plant? Cleaning the pot is only half a job, What type of soil is in the pot.

NickAu said:

What about the roots of the plant? Cleaning the pot is only half a job, What type of soil is in the pot.

Pretty sure the OP is putting the pot into the water not the plant that was in the pot

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back