Flowerhorn Fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jb12288

Moved On
Reaction score
Here are half of my Red Dragon flowerhorn fry. I estimate there is about 300-400 fry out of this spawn. There are so many I cannot get them all in one picture :)

DSCF1417.jpg

You'll soon have to put them in another tank.I'm still waiting for my two to get going lol!
That seems like quite a few from those two.Good luck.

I already put them in my other 100 gallon. I left about 100 for the parents to raise.

Those are so cute and adorable fry you get there....... make sure to count your fingers after putting them into the tank while the parents are around.By the way how can tell the female from the male?

Hi what do you feed to your fry? i got 2 mos. old he is 1 1/2 inch in size. I'm feeding him Hikari Tropical Fish Sticks. Is it good?

Hi what do you feed to your fry? i got 2 mos. old he is 1 1/2 inch in size. I'm feeding him Hikari Tropical Fish Sticks. Is it good?
My flowerhorn is around 3 inches long and iv just put up a similar thread regarding what I should be feeding and how much, how often.

As a result from the replies iv gotten from members here im feeding hikari gold medium cichlid pellets 3 times a day for a week and then changing to New Life Spectrum sinking cichlid pellets 3 times a day for the following week and then back to hikari and so on... This is to give him a variety.

I also feed a frozen bloodworm cube twice a week and frozen market prawns around twice a week. This again gives him a variety of food and all he needs in his diet :)

Maybe you could try something similar with yours. If your flowerhorn is too small to take the medium size hikari pellets you can also buy the same thing but in "small" so they easier for him/her to eat

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back