Flowerhorn food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

RedZombies

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where Iā€™m suppose to post but..

Iā€™ve been feeding my FH a variety of foods from pellets, frozen foods to feeders.
I started off with pellets and it was going well until I introduced to him feeders. Now he wonā€™t take pellets when I offer it to him. Iā€™ve tried starving him for 3-5 days and itā€™s still a no go. Iā€™ve tried bloodworms and peeled shrimps, he enjoys those but still doesnā€™t take pellets. I donā€™t give him feeders anymore.
Are pellets or frozen/live foods better?
(He use to have Hikari Cichlid bio gold + and Ocean Free FH-G1- the green can)
At the moment Iā€™m just feeding him frozen bloodworms.

Iā€™ve seen products here in Vietnam where they mix prawn with spirulina for Kok growth? And red carophyll for the red factors. Should I start mixing my own home made food? If so, what should I add for head growth? My FH doesnā€™t have that much red unfortunately. Still ugly as always :))
What are you guys feeding your FHs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you fancy a long read here is a link I posted talking about nutrition and feeding in fish.

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/feeding-and-nutrition-in-fish.450390/#post-3805913

there are advantages and disadvantages of all different feed types. My questions is why did you go from pellets to feeders and back again?
I am no expert on flowerhorns, having never kept one and someone who as can correct me, but they are a large fish and longer periods of starvation might work if you wanted to put them back to pellets.
When feeding your fish try and offer a range of foods, eg Frozen and pellets. This will help to give them everything they need for healthy growth and development.

If you fancy a long read here is a link I posted talking about nutrition and feeding in fish.

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/feeding-and-nutrition-in-fish.450390/#post-3805913

there are advantages and disadvantages of all different feed types. My questions is why did you go from pellets to feeders and back again?
I am no expert on flowerhorns, having never kept one and someone who as can correct me, but they are a large fish and longer periods of starvation might work if you wanted to put them back to pellets.
When feeding your fish try and offer a range of foods, eg Frozen and pellets. This will help to give them everything they need for healthy growth and development.

I watched a clip on YT of a guy giving his FH live feeders and wanted to try. Itā€™s good and all but Iā€™m afraid of what parasites/diseases itā€™ll catch. I really havenā€™t quarantined my fish ever... since I know nothing will survive overnight with a FH.

Yeah I do try offering a range of food. But once he eats something either live or frozen, he gets picky and doesnā€™t go back to pellets. He takes them in and spits them out straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back