Flowerhorn Cichlid with Divider, yes or no?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biologists and ichthyologists who have spent years investigating fish biology and physiology over decades know more than you do or any of us here does concerning the needs of the species. It is comparable to whose advice you take when it comes to your health, the trained medical persons or the nice lady reading tea leaves and telling your future through them. If you care for your fish, the choice is clear.

Why did 'his mate' die..? Too happy?
Obviously....duh,No not too happy,just not too smart of a fish,kept eating the substrate in the tank...I've seen fish sift through it but this one just was eating it...

So your opinion counts for more than years of research? Okay. Have a good evening.
"..but yet none of you keep interesting fish and have him drum plain Jane tanks"

Isn't that a matter of opinion and taste? Not everyone wants rainbow sharks and oscars, which are really widely kept fish too, hardly rare and unusual.
Never said they were rare but at least not boring.

So your opinion counts for more than years of research? Okay. Have a good evening.
So your not researching by having your own eco system? You are a researcher every time you alter your tank....just because someone writes it down and published it does not make it gospel....theory and reality....if an environment is correct certain things can be achieved. Research also states bees and humming birds and helicopters should not fly...yet it happens

So your not researching by having your own eco system? You are a researcher every time you alter your tank....just because someone writes it down and published it does not make it gospel....theory and reality....if an environment is correct certain things can be achieved. Research also states bees and humming birds and helicopters should not fly...yet it happens
I have no idea what you're trying to tell me, I believe you're also missing the point. You asked for advice, argued with the advice, went for Byron when he was helping and now you're just waffling at people. Hope you find the answers you were looking for, all the best :good:

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me, I believe you're also missing the point. You asked for advice, argued with the advice, went for Byron when he was helping and now you're just waffling at people. Hope you find the answers you were looking for, all the best :good:
? I asked for advice....

? I asked for advice....
"Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Because I can't really find anything on the internet about this specifically."

It was more the comment toward Byron which rattled me. He was only being informative and helpful, felt you came at him aggressively for no reason. Nothing personal
It was not my intent, I understand his meaning and point, it was upset when a question was asked it was not met with a solution for the o.p but beratment and you cant do this and cant do that, we have all made mistakes...i bought 3 sharks 1.5 years ago...just babies because petco said it was cool...and i have kept all of them alive and added another even and believe am close to breeding them which is apparently difficult..according to research haha...

You contradict yourself stating I cant tell if the fish is happy...yet you can assume your techniques or stock is correct because your have read about fish physiology ?
Are you trying to sound smart or just be a sneaky hyppcrite...? I have 4 rainbow sharks in my 55 gal long as well...can you please try and school me on that as well ?
On all these forums I have seen their are people just like you the wiz brains....but yet none of you keep interesting fish and have him drum plain Jane tanks ....reading about something and doing something in reality are totally different

If you saw pictures of Byrons tanks you would know they are far from 'hum drum' or 'plain jane' they are some of the most successful and beautiful tanks on this forum.

Your fish could easily be considered plain jane... in all honesty you can walk into any shop and find Angels, Oscars, Red Tail Sharks and chuck them in any size tank and a certain percent of the time it will be fine to the average, low skilled owner. The thing is with this sort of approach is that you will run into problems every couple of months, might not always be something major but there will be something that will affect your fishes quality of life. If you try and keep fish that are realistically beyond your means just accept it and find an alternative, why try and keep 4 Red Tailed Sharks together when there are so many interesting Loach species that look very similar and will actually thrive in a group.

The thing with people truely dedicated to moving this hobby forward like Byron is that you can choose to listen to them or not, but I know from experience that when you choose not to they wil be proved right eventually. And its upto you to understand the advice you are given and then work in those parameters to make the most successful enjoyable tank you can. Like I say, 4 Red Tailed Sharks in a small percentage of tanks will work fine but you can get these anywhere, you could have chosen to research what you wanted and tried to source and keep a group of Yasuhikotakia loaches together and achieve a very similar look and level of activity, but be more sure that those fish will live out their lifespan in a healthy way from the moment you put them in the tank.

Choosing to not research, respect or act responsibly to your fish is no excuse for trying to create an 'exciting tank'. There are always alternatives to achieve what you want to achieve in your tank if you spend the time educating yourself how to do it.

Wills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back