Flower Horns

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Davy Reynolds

The First Ever Member
Reaction score
The title is self explanatory.

So input please, I've noted a lot of people are using the site search engine to look for info on this fish :)

I think this modification of the fish genome by creating polluting hybrids is offensive and possibly dangerous. There are plenty of natual species available without this idiocy. The Asian marketeers are destroying the hobby in the rest of the world by flooding it with painted / dyed fish, hybrids, and fish carrying diseases and parasites that wipe out populations in other countries. We virtually had the fancy guppy industry in the USA wiped out by disease brought in from Asia. The same could happen to any number of other sectors.

Don't know much about them so I've done some checking. I personaly don't like them, and was horrified to find out that people who were getting fed up with them have been dumping them in lakes and reservoirs. as they are not a natural species it must be having some impact on the natural ecosystem. I would put the reference to this but i got it through "web ferret" and as most folks don't seem to have this the links don't work and I can't make any sense of the address thats used. Anyway,
I can see how they could be very popular but me, I don't like them they remind me of the mecone from "Dan Dair"( an old scifi comic for you youngsters).

I did find the web site for them however
Link

Never heard of them, genetically modifying things is wrong. I am against the whole idea.

William

I don't think the whole idea of genetic modification is wrong, but each instance needs to be addressed and analyzed in terms of:

Potential benefits
Potential drawbacks
Reprecussions in a worst case scenario
Reprecussions if it is not done

Obviously, this would disqualify genetic modification for the purpose of creating ornamental objects.

Well... I would never buy GM food the risks are too great with too few tests... maybe after thorough testing yes but it will take lifetimes to see the full impact.

William

Nice little chit chat I've got going :)
I'd didn't want to say my peace right at the start so here goes.
First off I'm a cichlid man myself and to be blunt, I don't think I'd acually buy them if I seen them anyway, (not knowing they were manufactured)
The price of these fish are enought to but you off anyway, a good colour and good spots makes you pay a high price :but: I've been told of prices in the 1,000's #### how wants to pay that.
Parrots, I don't like them :hmm:
If you look back when they made all the fancy Goldfish, they spent time picking the perfect fish, though breeding etc. to come up with healthy fish. This minipulation of nature just aint right to me ;)

I don't like them ugly golfish things either.
If God had meant things to look that ugly he would have made us all blind. I'm still not sure what's worse though the GM debate or the Organic debate, but thats for a different time and place.

If God had wanted us to drink beer (or bear as davy calls it ;) ) then he would have given us stomachs.

Bit of topic :)

William

Let me get this strait Davy...If beer is really bear, that would make bear really beer right?

Speaking of beer, I had some last night. Real good. It was a nice shot too. 1 Arrow and he went right down. Nothing quite like fresh killed beer to have a bear with. (I'm going to stop that now, I'm starting to confuse my self.) :p

Rose 8)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back