Flourish Excel - What Plants Could It Kill?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

peteg

Reaction score
im about to use Flourish Excel but ive heard it can kill some plants such as Elodea Densa and some alge.

i have the following plants, does anyone know if any of these could die with florish excel?

moss/alge ball
java fern
Echinodorus Tennellus
Hygrophilia Polysperma
Red Ludwigia
Ambulia Aquatica
Bacopa Monniera
Diplis Diandra
Vallis Torta
Elodea Densa
Hairgrass
Bacopa Caroliniana
Pygmy Chain Sword
Cabomba Aquatica
Vallis Corkscrew sml
Crypt Lucens
Water Wisteria
Crypt Ciliata
Creeping Jenny
Sagittaria Subulata

i have a fair bit of brush alge and was hoping to use it to remove the alge but if all my plants will die then im not so sure. :unsure:

im about to use Flourish Excel but ive heard it can kill some plants such as Elodea Densa and some alge.

i have the following plants, does anyone know if any of these could die with florish excel?

moss/alge ball
java fern
Echinodorus Tennellus
Hygrophilia Polysperma
Red Ludwigia
Ambulia Aquatica
Bacopa Monniera
Diplis Diandra
Vallis Torta
Elodea Densa
Hairgrass
Bacopa Caroliniana
Pygmy Chain Sword
Cabomba Aquatica
Vallis Corkscrew sml
Crypt Lucens
Water Wisteria
Crypt Ciliata
Creeping Jenny
Sagittaria Subulata

i have a fair bit of brush alge and was hoping to use it to remove the alge but if all my plants will die then im not so sure. :unsure:

I know for a fact when I used it in my tank it melted all the leaves off of my Elodea Densa... Some of the plant survived, but not much. Apparently it kills "Vascular" plants, or atleast that is what I was told

I use excel and it hasn't harmed any of my plants. But I only have the following plants in common with you.

java fern
Ambulia Aquatica
Hairgrass
Cabomba Aquatica
Water Wisteria

I also have some crypts and it hasn't harmed them.

I use excel and it hasn't harmed any of my plants. But I only have the following plants in common with you.

java fern
Ambulia Aquatica
Hairgrass
Cabomba Aquatica
Water Wisteria

I also have some crypts and it hasn't harmed them.
Thanks.
I'd heard it can affect java so its good to hear that java can cope.
Ive also heard it can harm shrimpt and maybe apple snails. If i use some of this how long should i leave it before i can add shrimps? about a day?

It has been said to kill off vallis, which then regrows resistant to it, but i had no problems with mine at all.

It affects my dwarf vallis, but it has never killed it completely. Some of the leaves die off, and they certainly look worse for wear for a bit.
I suppose it depends on how mcuh you dose.

That's strange to hear. Excel also contains an algae killer. Moss balls are infact a type of algae and thus it tends to kill them. Perhaps you are not dosing enough to kill the moss balls. Cheers for the input, always interesting to hear something new.

That's strange to hear. Excel also contains an algae killer. Moss balls are infact a type of algae and thus it tends to kill them. Perhaps you are not dosing enough to kill the moss balls. Cheers for the input, always interesting to hear something new.

Yeah its true, like you say I did kinda expect it to kill it, but its fine and has been for about 4 months growing well. Stick to the recommended dose (except when I forget and miss a day!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back