Florida Cricket Frog Acris Gryllus Dorsalis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They can be housed in a large size "critter keeper" or something of the sort. They need access to a water bowl, you should replace the water every day. Branches, bark, and half-logs can and should be provided as they like climbing and hiding. They should also be provided with either live or fake plants, live keep the humidity higher which is a plus. Coconut fiber should be used as a substrate, as it retains moisture and is small enough that if they digest it, they'll pass it. Food should be provided every two days, the food can include small crickets, moths, roaches, mealworms, and waxworms. You should dust their food in calcium dust. Feed them an amount where they maintain a healthy weight. Humidity should be kept at 60-80%, so mist their cage several times daily. Temperature doesn't really matter, as they can tolerate anything from below freezing to upper 80's. Hope this helps!

thanks, that helps alot!
could i keep them singlely or do they need to be in groups?

Plenty of people keep them singly, but I'm sure they'd be more happy in groups, and you'd see them a lot more. :)

thanks
also do you know anything about fire-bellied newts. i am trying to decide either or

Here's a link to a firebelly newt caresheet. http://www.theamphibian.co.uk/Fire-Bellied_newt_caresheet.htm
Keep in mind that firebelly newts need a filter and a larger cage than cricket frogs, thus being more expensive to care for.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back