Floor Fish!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Got home from my 10 hr shift at work, and found one of my fish on the floor. I have no idea how long he was out of the water for. I poured a bit of water on him immediately (I honestly thought he was dead, he looked dried out), no response. I went to pick him up with a pair of nets, and he flopped a bit. I rushed him into his tank and put him in. His gills started working after a few seconds. I put him in a breeder net box and put an air stone next to him. Now, 20 minutes later he is upright and moving around, but very erratic.
I actually found him across the living room from his tank. He probably saw a bug in the top of the water (windows open all day and flies get in) and jumped. This lid is a pretty flimsy plastic piece. If he hit it at the wrong angle, it would have popped off. I believe the cat took advantage of that and batted him around a bit.
I don't have high hopes, but is there anything else to do for him?

Make sure the tank (water, gravel & filter) is clean.

Do a big water change every day for a week or two,
make sure the new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

add 1 heaped tablespoon of rock salt (aquarium salt) for every 20 liters of water. Keep salt in tank for 2 weeks.

Btw after 2 weeks with salt wash it out gradually with small water changes of about 25% non-salty water each week. That way the transition back is gradual.

Thank you. He is still alive S of this morning, but not very responsive. I will keep up on his water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back