Floating snail?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
some snails end up floting for a bit if they get air in there shells but they usualy have there heads out looking for a landing spot. why not put it in a glass of tank water overnight to see if it lives.

Opcn

Actually, some snails do float for periods of time, it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead. Here's a way to check - pull it out of the water and use your fingernail to pry open the "door". If you can easily open it, dead as a doornail... :lol: Excuse the pun! Anyways, if it stays tightly shut, live snail who's probably just enjoying the current!

juliethegr8t said:
Actually, some snails do float for periods of time, it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead. Here's a way to check - pull it out of the water and use your fingernail to pry open the "door". If you can easily open it, dead as a doornail... :lol: Excuse the pun! Anyways, if it stays tightly shut, live snail who's probably just enjoying the current!
:nod: very correct :nod:

freshmike said:
juliethegr8t said:
:nod: very correct :nod:
Yup, and they smell foul too :sick:

Well I guess I should prolly stop assuming things.....Cause my snail isn't dead. Phew!! Woke up this morning and he was crawling around the tank happy as a clam...or a snail..Hehe... :fun: :thumbs:

Ya also some snails when they go up out of the water Get a air bubble trapped in there shell Which of course will make them Float

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back