Floating plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You shouldn’t collect wild plants period, and you definitely shouldn’t dig plants in bleach. ?
Yes they were in the pond and looked cool..
A lot of websites say that though.. diluted bleach
What should i do next time, should i just wait 2 weeks?

Yes they were in the pond and looked cool..
A lot of websites say that though.. diluted bleach
What should i do next time, should i just wait 2 weeks?
I wouldn’t collect plants from the wild in general. It’s just to much a of risk. There are lots of microorganisms, along with other pests/contaminants that we may miss and that may survive, even if they are in QT for 2 weeks.

I wouldn’t collect plants from the wild in general. It’s just to much a of risk. There are lots of microorganisms, along with other pests/contaminants that we may miss and that may survive, even if they are in QT for 2 weeks.
yes, that's the point of the bleach...

Water sprite is also a very good floating plant!

Many people do bleach dips for their plants, to kill off many unwanted things I believe. It does not harm the plant, or at least shouldn’t, depending on the amount of time spent in the bleach!. It may not have been the bleach that killed your plant @Sgooosh, it may have been that it was used to being in the pond and the change in environment did not provide it something it needed.

Many plants can't take the transition from cooler outdoor temperatures to warm tropical tank temperatures.

There are also different species of frogbit, some are temperate which die in tropical tanks while others are tropical.

Don't bring anything from the wild into your tanks. Just stay with what is bred for the aquarium trade.

Water sprite is also a very good floating plant!

Many people do bleach dips for their plants, to kill off many unwanted things I believe. It does not harm the plant, or at least shouldn’t, depending on the amount of time spent in the bleach!. It may not have been the bleach that killed your plant @Sgooosh, it may have been that it was used to being in the pond and the change in environment did not provide it something it needed.
no, it was in a holding tank for 3 months before the bleaching...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back