What's new

Floating Plant Questions

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

noobfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Wanting to add some floating plants to my planted fish aquarium. What are some recommendations? And are there any good online retailers (US)? My LFS has some frog bit, but its kept with duckweed and I want nothing to do with that.

Didn't realize so many that I see planted can be floated. Opens up a lot more options, thanks!

If you can get tropical Frogbit, I would, duckweed or not. This is an excellent surface plant. It is not difficult to keep duckweed under control; I have more than once removed it from tanks simply by netting out the half dozen or so plants I may see when I do the weekly water change.

Water Sprite is perhaps the best floater, if you can get it. I've no idea about plant suppliers in the US.

If you can get tropical Frogbit, I would, duckweed or not. This is an excellent surface plant. It is not difficult to keep duckweed under control; I have more than once removed it from tanks simply by netting out the half dozen or so plants I may see when I do the weekly water change.

Water Sprite is perhaps the best floater, if you can get it. I've no idea about plant suppliers in the US.
Everywhere I looked online was out of most floaters. No frogbit to be found. Ordered some red root for now. When I get back around my not-so-local fs I'll get some frogbit/duckweed maybe.

Most reactions

trending

Back