FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi, kids. Nitrates are running a little high in my rainbow tank, and I'd like to add some non-rooted plants that will pull nutrients out of the water column rather than from the soil. Trouble is, this tank has a lot of current, as a rainbow/garra tank should. All my usual floaters--frogbit, asian water grass, hornwort--get wiped out by the flow.

So, what plants have given you good growth in tanks with a lot of flow? I'm thinking about trying water sprite, but I'll be interested in what everybody has to say.

Cheers-
Thomas

water sprite and duckweed. the rainbows should eat the duckweed, which is good for them.

Yeah, might try some water sprite. I think the duckweed would just get churned around and not stay on the surface. Any other ideas?

I have moderate flow in half my tank. I keep water lettuce and water wisteria and both are doing good. I was a bit worried about the water lettuce at first, but it bounces back up if it gets caught in the current.

Water sprite does fine with my canister, gets blown around a bit but it does good

Most reactions

trending

Back