Flake food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oldroamer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I mainly feed my fish, neons, harlequins and Cory sterbae, on Hikari micro wafers. I also like to use some flake food. A couple of months ago I bought a tub of Aquariun tropical flakes, the very top few flakes were as normal but as I progressed further they were in clumps of flakes which seemed difficult to separate. Further down the whole tub seems to be one large block which I have tried to break up.
Has anyone else encountered this and any thoughts on whether this food is ok to us.
I cannot return to the shop I bought them as it is closed due to lock.

Sounds like it may have gotten wet (?)
Does the container have an expiry date?

It sounds like some moisture has got into the container. As long as they aren't moldy should be fine. Separate them and dry them in an oven on very low heat.

I keep the tub in a drawer in a dry area, however I could well have used damp fingers or tweezers to pick some out. I have taken the lid off and placed it on top of a radiator to see if that helps.

Ive just changed from the Aquariun after almost 20 years cos i had the same in my last tub. Was all clumped together but looking on the ingredients made me switch to something else.
The Guppys stopped eating it altogether.
So i swapped it for TetraMin Flake, It has a real different feel to it & everybody eats it

What ingredient made you decide to change? I have just tried the flake and after about 30 minutes on top of the radiator they do seem a bit better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back