Flake Food W/ Garlic

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I brought home a Rusty Angel about a week ago. I noticed that day while in quarantine it had a few white spots on it, which I assumed was marine ich. With the stress of all the moving (the lfs had just received the fish that day...alot of bagging and unbagging in one day), I figured I would wait and see before starting any stressful treatments. The spots didn't change at all until last night, when I noticed the angel was almost covered in them. She's been very active this entire time and eating well, so I fed her my marine flake food w/ garlic in it, and would see how she was in the morning and go from there. I read that supposively this garlic flake food helps the immune system and fight off parasites. I really didn't think much of it, but today the fish doesn't have one spot on her. Was it just coincidence she is spotless today after the feeding?

That's what I thought too, Ben. I take that with a grain of salt. There are a TON of marine foods made with garlic too.

From WWM.
<No scientific data that suggests garlic is anything more than an appetite stimulant.>

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back