Flagfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Lovely fish EK.
The males always look more spectacular. They’ve got them in my lfs and they’re very tempting as they suit my liquid rock as do Paradisefish.
How would a male Flagfish get on with a male Paradisefish? How would either get on with Medaka?
How would either get on with Zebra Danio?
How would either get on with Cherry Barbs?
I had a Paradisefish 30+yrs ago and he was great with WCMMS back then as they’re from the same waters apparently.

I think I know the answer to the first question!

Lovely fish EK.
The males always look more spectacular. They’ve got them in my lfs and they’re very tempting as they suit my liquid rock as do Paradisefish.
How would a male Flagfish get on with a male Paradisefish? How would either get on with Medaka?
How would either get on with Zebra Danio?
How would either get on with Cherry Barbs?
I had a Paradisefish 30+yrs ago and he was great with WCMMS back then as they’re from the same waters apparently.

I think I know the answer to the first question!
Hope the combination works...

Has anyone heard of such a combination working?
Theyd be in with a crowd scene of WCMMs, Zebra/Leopard Danios and Cherry Barbs in a 240L/60G+ tank. Theyd all love my liquid rock.
I’m worried in case it’d be a bit “active” for a couple of known short tempered fish. I’d basically like a few individual/identifiable fish other than Platies/Guppy’/Mollies.

I had my Flags with WCMM and Pepper Corydoras in a 29g, and the male Flag was real fin nipper. Loved how the tank looked, but I had to separate the fish. My Flags now live happily in a 10 gallon prone to hair algae and they love it. I might try them in a big tank with more room eventually.

are they livebearers?
aggressive to other livebeaerers?
No, they're robust looking killifish. They're combined with Alfaro cultratus. A.cultratus (knife livebearer) are livebearers.

yeah i agree with that, i questioned since most of your fish are livebearers!
Well, I do keep also fish that aren't livebearers. But yes, the majority reflects the livebearers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back