Fixture Or Bulb Problem?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When i got home today my dual t5 fixture on my 29 gallon was off. Once I took it off I realized that something was wrong with either the bulb or the whole fixture rather than a plug falling out or something simple. When I first plug it in, one of the light begins to glow then flashes and goes out. This is my first dual lamp fixture so I don't really know how they work.
Any ideas about whether it's my bulbs or the fixture?

chances are it's one of the bulbs--on some units if one bulb fails, the other one won't light either.    Buy one new bulb and replace it for one of the bulbs in the fixture.  If it still doesnt work,  reinsert the original bulb and use the new  bulb to replace the 2nd bulb in the fixture.   If this doesnt work, then it's the starter or the ballast depending which your fixture uses.

Fishmanic said:
chances are it's one of the bulbs--on some units if one bulb fails, the other one won't light either.    Buy one new bulb and replace it for one of the bulbs in the fixture.  If it still doesnt work,  reinsert the original bulb and use the new  bulb to replace the 2nd bulb in the fixture.   If this doesnt work, then it's the starter or the ballast depending which your fixture uses.
thanks for the quick response, will get a new bulb tomorrow

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back