Fishy Newbie intro

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy Newbie

Reaction score
Hello! My husband and and I have only been fish keepers for a few years. We currently have a 16 gal Fluval Flex freshwater setup. Our livestock includes 2 cory cats, 5 glow tetras, a guarami, 2 nerite snails and (no judgement please) an 8" goldfish.

This is our second goldfish. The first one did a fabulous job of ridding the tank of an infestation of bladder snails. He we t to live with our neighbor's 1o year old son upon reaching 7". The current goldfish is here because the first one did such a great job and was so much fun.

I will be posting for advice and am looking forward to hearing from other forum members. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that will be here to help your needs!

:hi:

Just as an observation 2 corrys don't work. They are shoaling fish and need to be in a group of 6 at a minimum. I would get the gold its own tank and add more corys to the 16 gallon.

Welcome to our forum... :hi:
You wouldn't be the first one who would keep goldfish (no matter the size) together with other fish and where it works just fine. So, no judgement form me.

Just as an observation 2 corrys don't work
Well, I have to disagree... I have in certain tanks just one and also just two and they're doing fine. In some tanks I do have more and I don't see any difference in behavior all these years.
But yes, they do fine with more of them as well...

I think the main problem is an 8 inch goldfish in a tank with a 15 x 16 inch footprint - assuming you mean a 15 gallon Fluval Flex tank.

Most reactions

Back