Fishless Cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have been doing a fishless cycle, and I have kept up with the water levels....had an amonia spike....and then to 0..........2-3 days ago the nitrite spiked then yesterday was @ 0...I have had this set up for about 3-4 weeks, and have gradually added things from my other tanks to help the cycle along, water....gravel...and about 5 days ago I added a filter that hangs on the side, with the filter cartridge I was using in another tank....it was about 1 1/2 months old.....could this have given the cycle a big boost?

I don't have a nitrAte test kit.......will be picking one up today.....but I may( :lol: ) find some fish I like too, think it would be safe for them.
Or I can add them to my 55 gal....but don't want to keep them there to long, but would rather not have to move them more than I have to.
Thanks........
Today is my big day.....Going to the :hyper: "Largest Fish Store In Texas" :hyper:
I got to go get ready....my friend will be here soon, and got to get those angels to day care......no not the fish!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Sorry,I don't get out much.....and to actually hang with another adult :hyper: :hyper: .....it's just almost to much for my system to handle :hyper: :hyper:
I usually spend my day with a 2 yr old and twin 4 yr olds after I get their 3 siblings off to school!! :S :blink:

:D B) :lol: :D B) :lol:

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Yep sounds like its cycled MP :thumbs:

So its gona be an Angle tank?? - remember stock slowly and watch excessive feeding when fish are introduced :thumbs:

:)

Most reactions

trending

Back