Fishless cycle progress, normal?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This has created a lot of posts, but to update I am using api master test kit and have just tested to find 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and around 30 ppm nitrate. Is my tank cycled?
Do I do a water change now to reduce nitrate before adding fish and if so what percentage?
And thanks for the info, very helpful as usual.

When did you add the last ammonia?

A tank is cycled when it can process 3 ppm ammonia to zero ammonia and zero nitrite in 24 hours. If it's more than 24 hours since you added ammonia, the tank may not be fully cycled yet.

When did you add the last ammonia?

A tank is cycled when it can process 3 ppm ammonia to zero ammonia and zero nitrite in 24 hours. If it's more than 24 hours since you added ammonia, the tank may not be fully cycled yet.
I added a full dose as per dr Tim's info 4 days ago, I had 0 ammonia and 4-5 ppm nitrate 24 hours later and yesterday which was 72 hours later had 0 and 0 with 30 nitrate.
Should I add another ammonia dose and test for both amm and nitrite after 24 hours do you think?

I added a full dose as per dr Tim's info 4 days ago, I had 0 ammonia and 4-5 ppm nitrate 24 hours later and yesterday which was 72 hours later had 0 and 0 with 30 nitrate.
Should I add another ammonia dose and test for both amm and nitrite after 24 hours do you think?
Sorry correction 4-5 nitrite 24 hours later (not nitrate)

In that case, It's not cycled yet. Nitrite had to drop to zero within 24 hours of adding ammonia. However, I'm not very familiar with Dr Tim's method, I use the one on here.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back