FishForums.net March 2017 Tank of the Month Begins!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks all - the wood didn't fit when I bought it haha, I had to butcher it to get it to fit, it broke me as I was cutting pieces off given how expensive it was - all I could think was 'there's another £5 gone' :-(

Thanks all - the wood didn't fit when I bought it haha, I had to butcher it to get it to fit, it broke me as I was cutting pieces off given how expensive it was - all I could think was 'there's another £5 gone' :-(
I understand that feeling exactly. I had to cut mine in half to get it thru the ridiculously small opening in the top of my Fluval edge...then had to hack at it further to really make it work.
I almost cried. haha
***not pictured in my photo below, I still have to update that***

I like the big school of red-eye tetras! What is that thing to the upper right with the suction cup?
Mark

Drop checker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

As Flchamp says - it's a drop checker filled with a solution of bromothymol blue (low range pH indicator) and 4dKH water, it tells me the CO2 concentration in the tank.

My entry for contest 1 gallon and a half 2 goldfish, one snail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 308
Sorry if this offends anybody

That tank is way to small for a goldfish and therefore should be disqualified.

Sorry if this offends anybody

That tank is way to small for a goldfish and therefore should be disqualified.
I think inappropriate stocked tank should not be allowed to enter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My entry for contest 1 gallon and a half 2 goldfish, one snail
oh boy...
I saw this yesterday and thought "goodness, this person is going to get an earful".
Let me just try to gently tell you that the size of that tank is not suitable for any fish at all, let alone two goldfish (that grow to massive size and produce a huge amount of waste).
Honestly the only thing suitable for that is the snail...and even that may be questionable as they produce a decent amount of waste themselves.
Please please please rehome those fish before they die.
Maybe do some research first on tank size and inhabitants...and then cycling, which I have to assume you didn't do. Although I don't even think a tank that size can hold a cycle.
Good luck

Here is my entry. It's a 35 gallon tall hex tank. Three of the six sides have been blacked out. The tank is over filtered using an aquaclear 50 filter and a Hydro Pro III sponge filter. The water hardness is about 175 and the tank has been established for 3 years. The anubias on the bottom is on a piece of driftwood. The plants on the upper part of the tank are secured onto a tree-like manzanita wood piece. On the right is an amazon sword plant.

Feedings: I feed twice a day...mainly flakes but also occasionally feed freeze dried bloodworms, freeze dried daphnia, frozen brine shrimp, and algae wafers.

Water change is done once a week at a 50%. I change the filter floss every two weeks but just squeeze out the filter's sponge in tank water. The filter box is cleaned thoroughly monthly.

Lighting: life-glo 18 inch t8 fluorescent and a marineland led fixture

Fertilizers...API root tabs, Seachem flourish comprehensive, Seachem Excel, Seachem trace

The stocking is: 9 serpae tetra, 2 black skirt tetra, 1 white skirt tetra, 1 angel fish..aka "Sunny", and 1 bushynose pleco.

picture and youtube video follow...hope you like it

IMG_4016-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Contest is closed. The winner will be announced in the next couple of days! Stay Tuned!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back